Tuesday, January 26, 2010

NO PHONE ZONE

NO PHONE ZONE

AAA estimates that 50% of all teenage drivers are texting while they drive. CBS did a report on teenagers driving while texting, but come on people, we all are doing it. I am guilty as charged. I text at red lights or any chance I get while I am driving. But am I alone, I don’t think so. Every day I pull up next to another grown person texting or talking on their cell. Truly, you know we’re not paying attention to the road. And this lack of attention is deadly.

We use to have to worry about drunk drivers, now we have to worry about people who talk and text on their phones. This is a bad habit that we need to get out of. So instead of complaining, what am I going to do about it? Actually, I am going to stop using my cell phone all together while in my van. I don’t drive that much as it is. If feel if I need to take a call that is so important, I should be able to pull over. If I miss a call, I know I will live another day to return that missed call. How can you make a difference? Let me know some of your ideas. I know a lot of you drive more than others. Would a Bluetooth speaker be just as distracting? If you use your Bluetooth handset already, my hat goes off to you.

Funny thing, Holly Robinson Peete was on Oprah with her daughter. Holly texts from her phone at red lights too. Anyway, Holly and her daughter made bumper stickers that read “Honk if you love Jesus, Text if you want to Join Him”. I thought that was cute. With that being said, Oprah has a place on her site where you can pledge not to talk or text on your phone. How about it Face Booker’s? Can we do this? I already made my pledge to make a difference and to tell others to do the same. Join me at http://oprah.com/nophonezone

Love and Be Loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment